Storage FAQ

New Customers

What Size Space do I need?

If you have never used self storage in the past, you will want to carefully consider what you are planning to store in order to find the right size for your needs. Check out our Unit Sizes page, or use this storage calculator to help estimate the space you will need.

If you are still unsure, simply give our experts a call at (425) 888-0001, and let us narrow it down for you based on a couple of questions such as how you will be packing your items, how often you will need to access them, and how high you are willing to stack them - considerations which all affect how much space you will need. Of course you're more than welcome to swing by for a complimentary cup of Keurig coffee, and take a look at our selection in person. 


Should I choose a heated or an unheated unit?

All of our units are in dry, well-maintained metal buildings with raised concrete floors and insulated ceilings. These types of buildings are great for storage because they are constructed of materials that do not collect or retain excess moisture. However, there are times when you may want or need extra heat during the winter to ensure sensitive items like plasma TVs, old photographs or books do not sit at temperatures below freezing. Our climate controlled units are ideal for storing items like these through the winter season. Heated units offer an additional level of protection against the cold.


What is the difference between an indoor unit and a drive-up unit, and which should I choose?

Our indoor units are located inside one-story buildings, with unit doors that open into a hallway. Entrances to the hallways are located at either side of these buildings through a three foot wide doorway. These units provide an added level of protection against the elements and are nice for circumstances where you may need to access your unit periodically, as they allow you to look through your items while remaining out of the weather. We offer the free use of a dolly and a push cart on-site during office hours, to assist customers with moving their items from their vehicles to their indoor units.

Drive-up units have roll-up unit doors along the exterior of our one-story buildings, making it possible for customers to pull a vehicle right up to their unit's door. These units offer very convenient access and can make moving in and out the unit easier. 


Do you have moving trucks?

Although we have no on-site truck rentals, there are several nearby options including a U-Haul Truck rental location just 2 miles west of our facility on North Bend Way.


Do you sell boxes and packing supplies?

We have a select assortment of competitively priced, quality packing and moving supplies for sale including boxes, tape, mattress covers, newsprint for packing, and bubble wrap. We also have money-saving packing kits available. Take a look at our Packing Supplies page for a list of available products. 


Do I have to sign a contract?

Our rental agreements are month-to-month and automatically renew each month until a ten (10) day written notice of intent to vacate is received. 


Do you require a deposit?

We require the first month's rent to be paid prior to move-in at the time the rental agreement is signed. We also require a refundable damage deposit. 


What are your rental requirements?

In addition to payment of your first month's rent at move-in, a $10 admin fee, a padlock, and storage insurance are required. 

You will also be asked to provide the following:

A valid U.S. photo ID. (Valid IDs include a current, non-expired, non-suspended U.S. state ID, state driver's license, or passport. IDs with holes in them will not be accepted). You must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen to rent a unit. Canadian citizens must provide a passport and one additional form of photo ID. 

A credit or debit card number in the customer's name must be kept on file for payment. The first month's rent must be made by this credit card. 

A complete, current U.S. mailing address. "General Delivery" addresses are not accepted. 

An alternate contact with a separate, complete U.S. mailing address. Here also, no "General Delivery" alternate addresses will be accepted.

Customers must own everything being stored in the unit and be able to complete a rental agreement in person and unassisted (for persons with disabilities, assistance may be given as needed). Exceptions may be made for parents of college students. 

If you are storing a vehicle, it must be in good working condition, licensed, and must be approved by the manager. A copy of valid, non-expired registration and proof-of-insurance are required.


Can I reserve a unit?

Reservations are allowed based on the current availability of units. We require the contract to be completed within 7 days of the reservation.  Please visit our Make a Reservation page to let us know which unit you would like to reserve and we will contact you to confirm your reservation if one is available, or provide you with an alternative. 


What are my insurance options?

Our rental agreements require that you provide insurance on your stored belongings. We have multiple affordable insurance options available from which you can choose. 


Do you have any Storage tips?

Our storage experts have a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to storing different types of items. The more information you can provide us about what you plan to store, the more valuable and specific information we will be able to provide. Helpful information to share with us would include your reason for needing storage, how you plan to move your items, how long you will need storage and whether you will need access to items. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you might have. In addition, check out our Facebook, Twitter  and Pinterest pages for useful storage tips and ideas. 



Current Customers

When can I access my unit?

Customer's access hours are from 7am to 9pm, seven days a week, including holidays. Customers must exit the facility prior to 9pm. 


How do I update my contact information?

All requests to change account information including addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses must be made in writing and be accompanied by the customer's signature. You may print out this Change of Information form, complete and sign it, and send it to us via email to:, via fax to: 425-888-2341, or via mail to: Ole Cedar Mill Mini Storage, 44800 S.E. North Bend Way, North Bend, WA 98045. You are also welcome to stop by the office and update your information in person.


How do I update my Autopay card information?

You can update your autopay card through our Online Payments system by making a payment and selecting the option to have your card charged automatically when your rent is due. You may also print out this Autopay form, complete and sign it, and send it to us via email to:, via fax to: 425-888-2341, or via mail to: Ole Cedar Mill Mini Storage, 44800 S.E. North Bend Way, North Bend, WA 98045. You are also welcome to stop by the office and update your autopay information in person. 


Can I give someone else access to my unit?

You may give someone access to your unit by escorting them or by giving them your gate access code and a copy of the key to your unit's disc-lock. You are responsible for the behavior of your guests while they are at the facility. Ole Cedar Mill Mini Storage personnel do not allow facility access to anyone who does not have a working gate code and unit key, except for customers who are able to prove their identity with a valid photo ID.


What do I do if I lose my Gate Code or my Key?

We are able to help customers recover their gate code by having them come into the office and prove their identity with a valid photo ID. No gate codes will be given over the phone or via email. In the case of a lost unit key, we do not keep copies of customer's keys, but we are able to cut your lock off the unit for you. Please call our office for details on this procedure. We do not allow customers to cut their own locks.


What do I need to do to close my account?

We require a written notice of intent to vacate, received ten (10) days before your next due date. There are no refunds of partial months’ rent. You may print this Intent to Vacate form, complete and sign it, and send it to us via email to:, via fax to: 425-888-2341, or via mail to: Ole Cedar Mill Mini Storage, 44800 S.E. North Bend Way, North Bend, WA 98045. Intent to Vacate forms are also available at the office for your convenience. When you vacate, you must completely empty your unit(s), remove your lock(s), and check out with the office. Unwanted items MUST be taken to the dump; we have no disposal services for customers. Unwanted empty boxes in good usable condition may be left with office personnel for our recycled box program.